Staff Software Engineer - Big Data
PayPal is one of the largest on-line financial transaction processing systems in the world growing at a torrent rate. All this growth generates an enormous amount of data that is essential to our vision of changing the way in which people and businesses manage their money. With over 100 million active users in 190 countries using 25 currencies the data we are collecting is a gold mine of opportunities to understand our customers.
The Risk Organization is looking for a senior engineer to join the Big Data team. You will be part of the team that investigates ways to transform this massive collection of data into valuable Risk decisioning data points which in turn will allow PayPal to better mitigate losses. This role offers a seasoned engineer, with a blend of Hadoop experience, distributed data platforms, and data analytics skills, the opportunity to help build a talented team and significantly impact the future of PayPal Risk.
• Involved very closely with various analytical groups to provide consultation on high-level concepts and prototype coding, including Data Scientists, Risk Detection and Marketing platforms
• Be a true partner in defining the solutions, have and develop business acumen and bring technical perspective in furthering the product and business.
• Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation of optimizing prototypes into production code
• Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents.
• Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for the most challenging aspects of the product or product sub-systems
• Perform quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
• Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals
• Exhibit Creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
• BS EE or CS degree; 8 + years related experience (or Masters and 6 + years related experience or PhD and 4+ years experience)
• Passion to solve data problems with sound knowledge on databases and data related technologies: e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Cassandra, Hadoop etc
• Unix/Linux experience. Very familiar with developing on a Unix environment
• Java and C++ Background
• Proven experience in Object Oriented Design and Development
• Extensive experience building and designing large-scale distributed applications
• Excellent communication skills, particularly those relating to complex findings and presenting them to ensure audience appeal at various levels of the organization
• Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
• Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
The qualifications must be objective, non-comparative, relevant to performance of the particular position, and enable the accomplishment of business-related goals.
在eBay跨国贸易中，PayPal为您提供安全高效的一站式支付方案，集国际流行的信用卡，借记卡，电子支票等支付方式与一身。帮助买卖双方解决各种交易过程中的支付难题。目前在跨国交易中超过90%的卖家和超过85% 的买家认可并正在使用PayPal 电子支付业务。PayPal在2009年交易总值达到720亿美元，占全球电子商务交易总值的15%，其中24%属于跨境交易。Paypal 已获得20项以上来自互联网工业以及商务圈的荣誉，包括2006 Webby Award for Best Financial Service site以及最近获得的2010 Economist Innovation Award for Business Process。
目前在中国，eBay & PayPal的员工已逾千人，包括技术研发、网络运营、客户服务、业务开拓和市场发展等部门的，来自各个国家的人才，并且仍在继续壮大，以满足亚太区业务的高速发展。