Development Architect of Cloud-centric Application Platform (iCAP)
WebSphere Cloud Platform Department in CDL is an integral part of worldwide WebSphere Cloud Development organization, responsible for the development of various WebSphere Cloud initiatives including:
- Cloud-centric Application Platform (iCAP): It is a new strategic Cloud initiative, joined by CDL ETI and WebSphere development team, to build the next generation of Cloud Platform to support Internet Scale and Cloud-centric applications, and accelerate business service development and operation, meanwhile provide patterns of expertises delivering Interaction Services.
- IBM PureApplication System (IPAS): It is the first-ever family of integrated and optimized systems with built in expertise, code named Project Troy before. It is a platform system designed and tuned specifically for transactional web and database applications. Its workload-aware, built-in Cloud PaaS, flexible platform is designed to be easy to deploy, customize, safeguard and manage. This new category of integrated computing is being developed by cross-unit teams, consisting of R&D colleagues from STG and SWG.
- IBM Workload Deployer (IWD): The next generation of IBM Cloud PaaS offering, speeding application deployment to cloud and virtualization environments and extending Smart SOA middleware and services into a Cloud.
We are looking for the talents to join with us to work with the global DEs/STSMs and senior technical leaders across geographies, collaborate with cross IBM teams and our clients, and innovate in the exciting Cloud area to make a difference in both product development and the market.
Opportunities are currently available with:
Development Architect of Cloud-centric Application Platform, responsible for:
- Software architecture design, use case analysis, technical implementation, and critical technical problem solving.
- Define the development plan and lead the development team to deliver high quality codes on schedule, also improve the development efficiency through Agile development practices.
- Work with global technical leaders to analyze the customer requirements, make clear the architecture design and development approaches, prioritize the development work items, and drive the development in an effective and efficient way by working with project team and development managers.
- Team with cross IBM dev/research organizations to synergize the development efforts across IBM Cloud and software offerings, and collaborate with field teams and clients to drive the new technologies adoption in the market and product innovation and quality improvements.
Job Requirements (skills/experiences)
- Proven system architecture and design experiences.
- Experience in design and implementation of new technologies/products.
- Solid understanding of large scale enterprise software development process and great experience in OOA/OOD.
- Advanced understanding and hands-on programming experience in WEB development.
- Development experience in OSGi, Web Services and REST API.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems and Database.
- Good exposure to Agile software development and advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies/Cloud Computing is a plus.
- Experience in NoSQL DB (Cassandra, HBase, Riak, etc.), distributed synchronization (Zookeeper, etc.), and SOA, is a plus.
- Fluent in the English language (both written and spoken).
- Excellent leadership and pro-active, self-motivated team player with great communication, ownership and teamwork spirit.
Bachelor, Master or Ph.D degree major in Computer Science or related.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For nearly 100 years, IBM has created products to handle information. Today, as ...
For nearly 100 years, IBM has created products to handle information. Today, as the world's largest information technology company, it invents, develops and manufactures the most advanced information technologies computer systems, software, storage systems and microelectronics. But that's just for starters. After decades as the undisputed leader in the computer hardware business, IBM has transformed itself into an information technology services business. It is passionately committed to adding value for our clients from helping to keep grocery shelves stocked to simultaneously providing medical imagery to physicians an ocean apart. Its solutions, services and consulting offerings are revolutionizing the way people, organizations and enterprises operate including itself.
在过去的近一百年里，世界经济不断发展，现代科学日新月异，IBM 始终以超前的技术，出色的管理和独树一帜的产品领导着信息产业的发展，保证了世界范围内几乎所有行业用户对信息处理的全方位需求。众所周知，早在1969年，阿波罗宇宙飞船载着三名宇航员，肩负着人类的使命，首次登上了月球；1981年哥伦比亚号航天飞机又成功地飞上了天空。这两次历史性的太空飞行都凝聚着IBM无与伦比的智慧。IBM的事业就象宇宙飞船一样永远向着更高的目标不断奋进，造福人类。 更多↓